![]() |
| I stole this picture from the CaringBridge site. It's a couple years old, but I want you to see their faces so you can pray for each of them. |
She's doing really well. Her praises 1. they caught her pneumonia really early and are treating it 2. her cognitive ability has not been effected. She is answering questions by shaking her head and blinking 3. she's passed her breathing tests 4. she had an wonderful day yesterday and got to show off her abilities to squeeze hands and lift her leg to an amazed team of medical staff.
My brain is addled. There's so much more I want to say about Kendra. She is so special to me. It's been a hard week and I'm only a friend. Please pray for her husband, Scott, who is constantly sitting by her side holding her hand. Pray for both sisters and for Kendra's children who are doing remarkably well. I know they don't understand, but they are praying "God make mommy better" with that childlike faith. Please God, make Mommy better! Pray for her parents. Kendra's mom just had back surgery and cannot travel. I got to talk to Kathy yesterday. It was a blessing for me - I know why Kendra is such a sweet person.
For those that would like to, Kendra's brother in law set up a CaringBridge Site for her. And if you feel led, I know her mom, especially, is reading it like a hawk and appreciates every comment and prayer.
If you don't want to go to the site, but do want to pray specifically, I'm going to copy and paste Scott's list...I don't pretend to understand a word of it, but I know God does.
Focused prayer:
1-I ask for continued healing of Kendra's pons and cerebellum. Allow for her brainstem to be safely re-perfused and heal. Dissolve any intravascular clots that may remain before they embolize anything else.
2-Lord I pray that the intermittent flexor posturing of Kendra's right arm decrease and that she begin assuming a more sympathetic and voluntary muscle tone. I ask specifically that you begin recruitment and repair or the nerves to her right hand so she can battle the risks of contracture. I pray that you restore balance in tone to her shoulder musculature, especially the right. Pull her scapula back to her chest wall and reduce the spasm.
3-Please continue to heal and restore cranial nerves IX-XII...and thank you for the progress thus far. Please prepare her mouth, airway, and lungs for her extubation challenge on Monday. Allow her to have a strong gag and cough reflex as well as enough tongue control to effectively evacuate her secretions. Also allow her to regain her speech, but thank you for her various forms of non verbal communication. They've been God sent and critical.
4-Father I pray that you shroud Kendra's mind with peace, especially in the middle of the night when she forgets I'm there and I sense her panic. Please place Your hands on her chest, shoulders and head to soothe her so that she might have a restoring sleep. She's struggled during evenings when she needs her rest the most. Allow her the peace she needs to relax: physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. Swaddle her in Your grace and Presence as if she were a newborn being exposed to the world for the first time, learning how to process all the outside stimulus. Please control the inputs into her system and not allow her to be overloaded/overstimulated. Bathe her skin with a soothing salve or lotion to relax her.

Thank you for the update! I had not yet bookmarked the Caringbridge site.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you too for caring so much about a family that was very special to me when I was litte!
Since learning of Kendra Drummond’s illness, I have been keeping touch in the only way I know how, through the CaringBridge web site. This morning, I awoke to read the following prayer from Kendra’s mother (see below). Please share this with others in the area who might be able to help. I know that Kendra talks of friends that they have met, several before her family even moved to AK. She has shared stories of eating native foods, picking wild berries, homeschool field trips, cookie baking sessions, gingerbread nativities, science club activities, Tae Kwon Do, and I know that they belong to a church there. This message is my attempt to reach out directly to families that know the Drummonds and who live close to them in Alaska who might carve out a bit of time to visit the children. If you do not know them, please disregard this, but if you do know them, please hear this prayer and make time to show Kendra’s children that they are cared for and not alone in this. If I had the financial resources to do so, I would travel there myself, but I cannot. I can do this and pray that this message will reach those who can help.
ReplyDeleteThank you, and have a blessed day.
Terri Brown
Saturday, April 21, 2012 9:35 AM
Today I awakened with prayers for the children on my heart. I remained in bed and continued to plead with our Father for ways that I, their Nana, can help them to understand that You Jesus are at their side, holding and loving them, comforting them through this time of fear.
How Lord, can we be helpful to them and to Kirstin. My heart goes out to her, as she alone faces four little faces lost is fear and sometimes anger, unable to truly understand why their mommy and daddy are gone. We know they feel the undercurrent of hesitancy of all the facts being shared, but how do we nurture them best? Please Lord bring friends from their North Pole church family to their side. Allow their outpouring of love and willingness to serve Kirstin and the children to make Your Light shine through them. It is with actions that children understand most. We can tell them they are loved and cherished, but until we show them, they cannot understand. Please Lord, bring along close friends of the Drummonds who share their time in Alaska, to check on Kirstin and the children and to see where they can share the burden. It is a terribly lonely burden to bear without help and guidance. Thank you Father for hearing our plea.
Nana Carlson