Thursday, April 12, 2012
Season Allergies and The Hunger Games
We have had drastic temperature changes, like 40 degrees from mid-day to middle of the night. Add that to huge pollen counts and I've been down for the count. Thursday, I had a sore throat and by Friday morning, I couldn't swallow. I've been sneezing and coughing and draining and just generally pathetic. I lost my voice, but thankfully it's returning. It's hard to yell at the kids when no sound comes out :p. I think I'm on the mend which is good because I need my eyes not to be red and irritated because I'm caught up in the Hunger Game series. I started the first book yesterday. I was half-way through it at 11:30 last night. I went to bed and couldn't stop thinking about it so I got up and finished it. I didn't like the actual premise of the book (kids killing kids in these annual games), but as Dan pointed out, it's science fiction/fantasy. It's no more real than Harry Potter flying around on a broomstick fighting death eaters. I did love the writing and the characters. It grabs you right from the start. I'm starting on the second book today and Dan is picking up the third book from the library this afternoon. I'll be back on Monday ;).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I have decided that I need to finish my classes before I pick those books up. (my sister has offered me her boxed set!)
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon! Enjoy your reading!
Nope. Can't join you. I am just into fluff. Pure, no stress added, no thinking when you are reading...fluff. That is all my brain can take right now...or ever.
ReplyDelete