
Last week was our school carnival. I worked at the school just about every day helping to decorate classrooms and assemble silent auction baskets. The carnival was Friday night and it turned out really well. One of the advantages of having a school on a military base is that we are sponsored by a battalion and they sent 60 soldiers to man the carnival so parents could be with the kids instead of working. The soldiers did a good job too. Our silent auction raised $2800 thanks to my friend Lisa with her donation raising efforts. It was double last years amount :). Carnival also marked the end of MAP testing. I'm so glad to have that over with. The school puts way too much pressure on the kids in my opinion.
I'll post another Kendra update by itself later, but for now, she's less critical. They did a trach and extubated her and gave her a gtube instead of having a tube going down her nose. It's made her more comfortable. They still feel like they are taking 1 step forward, 3 steps back so pray. Her sister, Kinsey, has to go home on Tuesday. I'm flying to Seattle on Monday and will stay till Saturday. I can't wait to get there.
My friend, Jenn, is getting a picc line today. She finishes chemo round 7 this week and then round 8 and she's mostly done! She's done an amazing job of kicking that lymphoma in the butt (I so want to use another word, but I'll refrain).
The kids rocked their dentist appointment on Tuesday. 3 kids, 3 appointments, 0 cavities. I have an appointment today. I'm hoping for the same report.
I have more, but I've run out of time! Later.
I am glad that you are going to Kendra. I think it will be a tough assignment, but I will be praying that you can be a great encouragement to her.
ReplyDelete