Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Postage Stamp No More

It is so great to have a yard again.  The kids love the open space and mature trees.  We put a swing up today for the kids to play on.  The ladder wasn't quite tall enough so Dan suggested I relive my childhood.  LOL.  Encase anyone has forgotten.  You shouldn't climb trees in sandals.


I have plans for a real tire swing in another tree.  I just need to procure a tire.  Walmart doesn't give them away for liability reasons, but one of the guys told me where a couple of mom and pop type tire places are and was sure they'd hook me up.  Until then, the kids are having a great time.




And I'm enjoying sitting on the back patio watching them.  {Mom look to the left side of the tree :)}


Jaelyn tried her best to get in the tree like I did, but her legs aren't long enough for the big step into the tree.  I'm glad because it's a long way down and I wouldn't want her up there when I wasn't outside.

2 comments:

  1. If I could actually ship it without paying a bazillion dollars, I would send our "horsey" tire swing to you. We should have left it in TX. The trees up here are super tall, but have no limbs. It is a tire that has been turned into a horse shape with very clever cutting and bending. Try Tractor Supply Company. That is where it came from. They are SO cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. That yard looks so cool! We have the postage stamp kind, and the kids never go outside. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete