We are slowly but surely getting settled in Missouri. I must admit, there have been tears shed. Stupid, silly tears that keep spilling out of my eyes. Tears that choke me up so badly I can't talk. New is just hard. I promise to post more pictures of the house and the kids (they started school last week - it hasn't been all peaches and cream for Caden either). In addition to trying to move in and get settled, we are also dealing with major stuff from the kids. Thankfully, I nipped Allie's sass in the bud, but Jaelyn is being Jaelyn. All this change is causing anxiety which is causing tantrums. Caden is taking a page out of Jaelyn's play book and has started pitching explosive tantrums as well. It's all just exhausting to be perfectly honest.
Today is the first day I've spent home alone. The kids are at school and Dan went back to work. I started my day with a walk. The fresh air did me good. Next up is sewing more black out curtains with the new sewing machine my awesome husband bought me on Saturday. Anyone know a good bridge to chunk my old horrible one off of??? I also have plans to bake a pie for the new neighbors moving in across the street. We are seriously lacking in neighbors since all the houses in the area were damaged in a tornado. Renovations are finishing and hopefully we'll have a street full of new neighbors soon.
PS Have I mentioned we are getting a puppy? I mailed in our application this weekend. The litter is due next month and we'll get to bring her home around Halloween. Call me crazy, but I can't wait.
You are crazy! :) What kind of puppy are you getting? I hope school goes better this week for Caden and you get more and more settled everyday!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteKim, We are getting a medium sized goldendoodle (golden retriever/poodle mix). Full grown will be around 35-40 lbs and the litter "should be" all apricots and reds.
ReplyDeleteIf you pitch that sewing machine off the the three mile bridge in Pensacola, it could be the beginning of a new fishing reef. JL
ReplyDeleteI am amazed at your strength and determination. Honestly, I don't know how you and your family does it. If I could give you a hug I would. I have two kiddos my oldest daughter (8) and my second daughter (5) who would truly have a hard time with a change of moving, new school, new surrounding. My 5 year old has sensory issues even deviating from simple things like bedtime routines is tough on her.
ReplyDeleteI hope things get better for you all in the coming days and weeks. Like you said, its an adjustment for everyone. How is Dan doing with the move?
I can't wait to see more pictures. I hope everyone gets adjusted soon. I'm excited for you about the puppy!
ReplyDeleteNew sewing machine...SCORE!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see pics of the puppy. Are the kids super excited? They sure seemed to love Honey. I am going to have to look into this "medium sized" deal. Honey weighs 65 lbs!
Tears...yeah, got the "stupid" ones here too. My BFF in Texas mailed me a b-day package with her famous cookies and I balled like a baby.