I really wonder what God is thinking sometime. I'm sure this was all a lesson in faith and trusting God and I'm also sure I failed the lesson. I get a big fat F, but thankfully, God gets an A.
Yesterday, when Dan checked into the housing office, the woman there, C., offered him a three bedroom renovated house. There's no one on the Captain's 3 bedroom list. Dan made an appointment to see it today even though he told her I wouldn't want it. I found the floor plans online last night (my mom has advice about google and the Internet - I don't like it, but she's probably correct). Anyway, I agonized about it all night long. I couldn't figure out how we'd fit all of our stuff in it. We really want a four bedroom house. We want space. The girls want their own rooms. I hunted for rentals. This morning, I called several looking for something that would rent monthly until the big 4 bedroom house opened up. No luck. Well, C took us to the house this morning. It is nice and clean and recently renovated. We went through one bedroom and then two and then three and then there was another bedroom at the end of the hall. Huh...I actually retraced my steps to make sure I'd counted correctly. Sure enough, when they turned the house over to her, they gave her the wrong information. Since we were there, she said we could have the FOUR BEDROOM HOUSE. Yes I'm yelling. There are eight people on the captain's four bedroom list, btw. All eight should have had first dibs over us. C got a big ole hug from me. I don't think she minded because people in Missouri are down home and pretty friendly.
Dan's signing for the house this afternoon so we can empty our trailer into it, saving the cost and my shoulders from moving our stuff into and out of a storage unit. Our household goods won't be delivered until Monday and Tuesday. They said we have too much stuff to bring it all in one day...seriously. We have a normal household of stuff. I think we'll stick with our hotel until we have the beds set up. And after all of that, the girls have decided to share a humongous room (it's a long rectangle) so that the fourth bedroom can be a playroom. I'm still not sure about our furniture, but we'll make it work or sell and buy new if we have to.
Wooohooo! So glad it worked out for you!
ReplyDeleteGrand Uncle said yesterday the man upstairs was busy making things happen.
ReplyDeleteI am BAWLING with joy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Praise the LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteWow! Unbelievable! But actually, it is believable - we just don't have the faith to do so! I am actually tearing up over here, which is not like me. I am just so happy that it is all working out for you. Maybe God has great plans for you and your family in Fort Misery. Can't wait to see how God works in the rest of this adventure. And I will be praying for you though it all
ReplyDeleteI am so incredibly happy for you guys. I have been praying so hard that you guys get EXACTLY what you wanted/needed without settling. I cannot wait to see pictures.
ReplyDeleteAre the girls and Caden all set up for school? I know they start soon.
That is great, Kelly! God is good.
ReplyDeleteYeah God!One of these days, you and I are going to learn this lesson...and pass the test. Maybe next time, eh?! ;-)
ReplyDeleteTesting our faith?!? Guess I failed that one on our last move too!
ReplyDeleteI am so thankful that you were able to find a place! I was beginning to stress about it for you.
I am so excited for you, Kelly!
ReplyDelete