Pages

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Experts My Foot

I wasn't quite sure what materials would be best to hang our swing from the tree so I asked the friendly "experts" at Lowe's.  I found someone who worked in playground equipment area, showed him the swing, and asked for help hanging it.  He told me which rope would be best and what metal connectors to use.  He acted like he knew exactly what he was talking about.  I should have checked the experts on YouTube instead.  Sheesh.  Within an hour of hanging it up, Allie was on her bottom on the ground crying where she landed when the rope broke.  The guy was right about how to tie it in the tree.  It was his choice of rope and the connection between the swing and the rope that was the problem.  Thankfully, Allie wasn't hurt, but that guy at Lowe's might be if I see him again.  The manager is not going to be thrilled when he and I have a talk tomorrow.

1 comment: