Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

In this Room Strong The Force Is

I am in love with Caden's Star Wars room. I think it's totally awesome, if I do say so myself. Thank you to Dan and my mom who donated items.

First the before...Caden's had the same basic decor since he was born. While very cute, we were ready for more "big boy" and less "baby boy."


The after...

We took out the old, antique dresser and replaced it with an armoir that used to house our TV. Having a dresser that wasn't as deep allowed us to rearrange Caden's furniture. I also painted his name black and replaced his bedding and curtains.
We added the shelf from Ikea to hold Dan's Mr. Potato Head collection. I didn't think he was going to share his toys, but he did. Yea Dan! Caden picked out his new pictures all by himself.


The big Master Yoda on the wall is my favorite feature. He is very cool and removable so I'm hopeful we can take him with us when we leave.

I added every Star Wars detail I could find. These were happy meal toys from last year.

I bought the Yoda lights last year at Christmas time. After drilling a new hole in their backs, it just took a little clear thread to hang them perfectly from his curtain rod.


6 comments:

  1. Aw, that's fun! It looks like Caden really likes his new room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out you and your bad decorating self! I think you had fun. Both rooms look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!
    I had to laugh when you talked about Dan's Mr. Potato Head toys. John has a collection of Mr. Potato Head toys too. But he is missing a few Star Wars ones, I see. John's are new in the box, though. He isn't quite ready to share!

    Your description of Caden sounds EXACTLY like Aidan. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Kelly! It's adorable. I love all the little details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice job Kelly! I love the Yoda's on the curtain rod! So creative :)

    ReplyDelete