Dan's home! Praise God! That was a long 2 weeks mainly because he has been home for so many months without a TDY somewhere. We forgot how to function without him. Today was great and it wasn't because the kids were great. They had their good moments. We had fun at Caden's soccer game...where he made an awesome save at his goal. Jaelyn and Allie both helped me do some toy cleaning out. They all had fun with Dan out geocaching while I cleaned the basement carpet - AGAIN. Have I shared about Zoe? My memory is failing me. Anyway, we've also had our bad moments like when Jaelyn ate all of Allie's M&Ms out of her trail mix and then refused to apologize. 20+ minutes of screaming later...There was also a little issue at bedtime. The biggest difference is I didn't have to manage it alone. Dan was there to intervene when I couldn't deal with the irrationality of the tantrum any longer or when Caden needed something after we said good night. I don't think I yelled once today and I'm not sure that could be said for any recent day. Not only is Dan great at helping with the kids, he does a good job of taking care of me. He helped get the carpet cleaner from Lowes and carried it down to the basement for me. He even brought me home a bunch of tiny cokes after geocaching because I complain when he brings big huge bottles. He knew I needed a little caffeine pick me up.
I probably don't say this enough, but I have an awesome husband and I like it when the Army keeps him home!
so glad he's HOME! carl's out of town just one night a week (we pray) for the next two week and then WE MAY GET A WHOLE WEEK! sure makes a world of difference, huh?
ReplyDeletei'm so glad we're both blessed with awesome husbands.