Pages

Monday, October 18, 2010

Quote of the Day

We've started working on our Christmas lists. I've taken the kids twice to the toy department to wander around and get some ideas. On the way home from window shopping at Target tonight, Jaelyn started asking me questions about Santa Claus. "Can Santa really make a Scrabble game or does he have to buy it at the store?" I'm not telling out right lies, but I'm not telling the truth either. I asked Jaelyn what she thought. She said "I'm going to have to check out a non-fiction book from the library to see if Santa makes all his toys or if he buys some." Isn't that awesome?! I'm hoping she'll forget about her search though because she's not going to find any books about a fictional Santa Claus in the non-fiction section.

1 comment:

  1. We never did Santa. The girls have a book about the real man who was St. Nicholas. That has always been our tradition. We all get to "be Santa" by giving secret gifts. However, I have made them promise not to ruin Santa for others by proclaiming, "I'm Santa!" to the world ;)

    ReplyDelete