Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Pie

As I already posted, we went blueberry picking yesterday with my friend Kelley and her girls, Alyssa and Brianna. It was a fun day...but kind of hot. We enjoyed a picnic lunch at the first "closed" farm before heading to another local blueberry farm that was open.


This is my first attempt at baking a pie...ever. Up until now, Mrs. Smith has been my friend. I've always said, why put in the effort when Mrs. Smith makes it better. I was wrong...home-made was better and better for us because it was only a little loaded with sugar and had no preservative (well, maybe a little in the Pillsbury pie crust I used). Don't laugh at the crust pictures, please. As I've already said, it was my first attempt and I'm just happy the berry filling didn't ooze all out and make a big mess in my oven. And honestly, does it matter how something looks as long as it tastes good...

...and good it tasted!!!! The kids agreed. They ate every bite on their plates.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you!

    Next step...your own crust ;) It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete