Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

An Abundance of Squash

There's another mom at the swim session after us that has a garden this is over flowing. She brings in bags of vegetables every other day to share. I love it.



Last week I made an old favorite: Tex-Mex Summer Squash Casserole. I didn't have a lot of salsa; so I diced up extra tomatoes and I used left over scrambled sausage that was in the freezer over hamburger meat. It was soooo good. I think it's my favorite squash casserole. I ate it left over for breakfast the next day. The kids thought I was nuts, but hey, Dan likes cold pizza for breakfast and at least my left overs had veggies in them.




This week, I made a corn and squash soup I found in a Cooking Light Magazine. I liked it, but none of the kids did, even Allie who I was sure would love it.

1 comment:

  1. That casserole looks FAB! I am going to have to try that next time I make squash casserole.

    ReplyDelete