Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Days Are Flying

I'm getting bad at my blogging again. The days seem so filled and are just flying by. We figured out that the kids only have 5 1/2 weeks of summer before school starts again. Where did it go?

We are wrapping up our last day of swim lessons tomorrow and I'm very glad. 9 o'clock isn't that early, but I am having the worst time getting us to the pool on time. I'm leaning towards not participating in the 2nd session which is selfish since the kids are really enjoying their "private" lessons.

Dan's still in Louisiana and honestly, it feels like he's been gone for months, not weeks. We are both ready to put our house on the market and move on. Not that he wouldn't travel for a new job. I'm not so ready for the kids though...they are so settled with their friends and in school.

Jaelyn is very excited about her birthday party on Saturday. We are having it at Amazing Glaze and 4 of her friends are coming. It's going to be fun.

Today, we went blueberry picking. My friend, Kelley, and her kids rode with us. We were a little annoyed to reach our destination 45 minutes away and learn they'd changed their picking times. Thankfully, there was another blueberry farm 20 more minutes up the road. The blueberries aren't nearly as good as the ones we picked last year and it was a lot harder because the berry bushes were smaller making us bend down to pick them. So far, I've made a super yummy blueberry pie. It wasn't the prettiest pie, but my picky eaters ate it - I was impressed. I have the recipe for canning a pie filling and I am going to try to make blueberry jelly. We might have to buy our peaches at the store because I'm not driving back to the first farm and most of the peaches on our peach tree shriveled up and rotted.

No comments:

Post a Comment