I know I said Zoe was the sweetest kitty, but I've changed my opinion a little. She's no where near as sweet as Sebastian is to me, but she's much sweeter with the kids than Sebastian will ever be. Once she got her pain patch off last week, there was no more cuddling up with me at night to sleep. It makes me miss Sebastian, but anyway, not the point.
Jaelyn is very gentle with Zoe. Zoe will tolerate Jaelyn picking her up to put in her lap. She'll lay there patiently while Jaelyn pets her. Zoe has also been introduced to Jaelyn's top bunk and for the last three nights has disappeared right before bedtime to be found in Jaelyn's bed when she climbs in. Talk about making Jaelyn happy!
Allie is so excited to have Zoe, but her excitement comes out a little too wildly - is that a word? Zoe is scared of Allie and hides whenever she comes near. I feel bad for Allie because she wants her to like her so much. I've been trying to hold Zoe and help Allie pet her gently. It might just take some time for the two to get together. Maybe Allie can be her crazy playing partner.
Caden's treatment of Zoe and her response to him is in the middle of the road between the girls. She'll let him pet her until he gets too excited and then she scadoodles.
I'm hoping Zoe will become more of a lap kitty as she gets older. Right now, she's just so playful. Petting her tickles and then she feels the need to nibble. She's sleeping by my feet at night. It's funny - she stays with Jaelyn until Jaelyn is asleep, comes downstairs to see me and then goes back up to sleep with me. Overall, I think Zoe is going to be a great kitty!
No comments:
Post a Comment