Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

Stairs + Ceramic Tile = Bad Combination

We had a scare last night. Jaelyn and Allie raced each other up the basement stairs just like they do all the time. We aren't totally sure what happened, but Allie lost her balance and went tumbling backwards down the stairs. Dan saw her land on her back on the stairs and then saw her feet go back over her head as she continued flipping down the stairs. She landed on her forehead on the ceramic tile. Crack!!!! She got an immediate goose egg and a bruise. We held ice on it for an hour and gave her motrin. She was fine, answering all of my questions and counting my fingers. I got her up several times in the night to talk to me. She's fine this morning and says her head only hurts a little. There's still a huge knot, but the original bruise has faded. Dan joked later that her forehead broke her fall, but I still don't think it's funny. I shudder when I think about her much worse she could have been hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment