Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

Round and Round we went

We went ice skating today. Dan and I have only been once before in college. We figured it out - 15 years ago next month. We are getting OLD. Dan opted to sit on the bench while I took the kids around the rink. We went with our friends, Chris, Angie and Lexie, so I had help with my kiddos. We had such a blast. I don't know how common this is, but the rink had home-made walkers for the little kids to use (think Grandma's walker made out of PVC with no wheels). The kids held on, shuffled their feet as hard and fast as they could and I helped steady and push them around the rink. Have I mentioned we had fun yet? Because we did and I definitely want to go back. Caden was perfectly happy to stand still and glide around the ice as I pushed him.

Allie was very energetic. She skated her little heart out. She wanted me to let go, but I was too scared of her busting her head open. Next time we'll bring our bike helmets. Jaelyn could become our graceful figure skater. She alternated between skating and gliding. I even let go of her walker for a bit and let her go on her own. For a first time for everyone, we did great! I'll let you know later how my back feels with all that bending over!

No comments:

Post a Comment