Pages

Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Our Christmas Vacation

I had the best of intentions of keeping my blog updated with our daily antics, but it just didn't work. Our schedule was insanely packed and so much fun. Here's a run down of what I can remember : ).

12/19 - Wed - fly to Pensacola. We had lunch with Dan's family and then spent the rest of the day settling in at my mom's.

12/20 - Thurs - Dan and I had a meeting while the kids played at Grandmother's house. We took my grandmother lunch and we got to eat at Moe's (because you know going home is all about where you can eat!!!)

12/21 - Friday - We went to the beach in the morning and then had lunch at Santino's (again about the food). We had dinner with Dan's family and opened Christmas presents...and toy overload begins!!! The girls spent the night at Grandmother's to play with Caleb, their cousin.

12/22 - 12/24 - These days are fuzzy. I know Dan and I got a date night to Coach N Four (still good food, but way too expensive now) and we took the kids to see Enchanted one day. We probably did other things, but I honestly don't remember.

12/25 - Merry Christmas - This was such a fun day. The kids woke up around 7 and we opened presents - more toy overload. We went to the big Beasley Family Christmas (Dan's Grandmother's family) for an hour and then went back to my mom's to help cook. We had a house full at my mom's: Chad, Karen and the boys, Grandpa and Doris, and Uncle Larry and Aunt Sandy. It was a really fun day! After the toy/food/people overload, we left the kids with my parents to put to bed and Dan and I snuck off to see a movie - Treasure Hunters.

12/26 - Wednesday - My mom and I snuck off to do a little shopping on our own in the morning (there was a lot of sneaking going on :). We wandered around the exchange and hit the dollar store to get things for Caden's birthday party. We had lunch at Grandmother's house and then had dinner with Chuck E. Cheese to celebrate out friend Jackson's 7th birthday!

12/27 - Thursday - What a fun day! The kids and I went to Malbis and met Sarah, Hope, Halle and Hudson for lunch. It's been so long since we've seen them and it was so much fun! We shopped with my parents in the evening at Kohl's (I spent way too much money on summer clothes for the kids but everything was clearanced). Then we had dinner at Cock of the Walk with Grandpa, Doris, Uncle Larry, Aunt Sandy, my cousin Dawn, her husband Ed and their daughter Sara.

12/28 - Friday - the day we've been waiting for - SPA DAY! We dropped the kids off at Joan and Larry's and headed to Destin with our friends Jennifer and Rich. We had lunch at McAllisters and then went to my favorite place: Serenity by the Sea! Jennifer and I left a mellow Dan and a nervous Rich and headed to the girls side for some girl talk and giggling (lots of both!). I had a massage and a facial. It was great. Dan didn't enjoy his as much because the girl used her elbow again. I told him to be a guy and tell her to stop, but I guess that's not macho. Rich had hilarious stories to tell about his facial (the extraction, getting electrocuted and being wrapped with seaweed) and I'm sure we'll be laughing about them for years to come. We had dinner at Hemingways in Pensacola Beach and ended the day with hot Krispy Kreme donuts! The perfect day!

12/28 - Saturday - It's a little early, but we decided to have Caden's birthday in Pensacola with all of our family and little friends. It was so much fun. We had a house full of kids and lots of yummy cake and ice cream. We were now way past toy overload and I wasn't sure how we'd get everything home the next morning.

12/29 - Sunday - We had a very early and un-eventful flight back to Maryland. It's good to be in our house, but we miss being "home."

No comments:

Post a Comment