Ugh. I'm still sick. Why is it the kids have so much energy when they are all stopped up, but I end up feeling like I got hit by a Mack truck for a week? The crud is moving from my head slowly into my chest. I'd say I'm mid move....still stopped up with pressure, but coughing a whole lot more.
We've done school around the couch today. We are coming to the end of MY BROTHER SAM IS DEAD. It's heavy, but the kids have done great reading it. It's given us a totally different perspective on the American Revolution. Allie is really showing improvements in her reading abilities. When she slows down, the words come out in the correct order. I imagine there's some sort of dyslexia thing going on there with the way she swaps words and letters in words around. Caden has picked out our next book. It's called JUPITER PIRATES: THE HUNT FOR HYDRA. I'm not sure the girls will be thrilled with it. Lol.
The kids all did math on their own and them regrouped around the couch for boggle (today's spelling) and writing/science. Caden is working on a report on Tsunamis and Allie is working on a report about the Aurora Borealis. Jaelyn is writing a creative paper about the giant squid modeled after a passage from Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. She has to exaggerate 5 features. I helped her with brainstorming and outlining today. It's going to be a fun paper.
I think they'll double up on geography tomorrow and wrap up today with some quiet reading while I take a nap.
I hope you feel better soon!
ReplyDeleteYep. Mom doesn't get sick days when you homeschool :(
ReplyDelete