Pages

Monday, January 19, 2015

Caden's Opinion Paper on Percy Jackson

PERCY JACKSON
THE BEST BOOK SERIES EVER!
-------------------------------------------
Since I was little, I have liked to read. I have read Harry Potter, Artemis Foul, and the Dragon in the Sock Drawer Series. Last year I discovered Percy Jackson. I knew that I should read it because I liked the movies. Now I’ve read the whole Percy Jackson series, and it is the best book series ever!         
The author of the Percy Jackson series is Rick Riordan. His books teach about Greek and Roman mythology. There are three main gods. In Greek form they are: Zeus the god of the sky, Poseidon the god of the sea, and Hadies the god of the underworld.  In Roman form they are Jupiter the god of the sky, Neptune the god of sea, and Pluto the god of the underworld. Percy Jackson (son of Poseidon) meets many other myths. One is medusa who can turn people to stone with her snake hair. Another myth is the Minotaur in the labyrinth.  He has the shape of a man but the body of a bull.  You do not want to get stuck in the labyrinth with the Minotaur.  Percy Jackson and most of his friends are demigods, which means their parents are a God and a mortal.
Percy Jackson’s adventures are all over the world. Percy Jackson almost died during a quest when he was fighting a monster on the St. Louis arch. Another time he went to Alaska to save Thanatos, the God of death. A different quest he went to the sea of monsters (the Bermuda triangle) to save his camp.

  Percy Jackson, the book, was so good it was turned into a movie.  Not one movie, but two movies with more to come!  The adventures, the knowledge of mythology, and the funny characters should make you want to read the Percy Jackson book series and Rick Riordan’s other books, too.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caden, i really enjoyed reading your paper. I enjoyed all the Percy Jackson books too. Baba

    ReplyDelete