Well, we jumped into school with both feet this week after our break. There's was a full moon, Alton Brown's Devil's Food Cake with his chocolate frosting that I helped Caden bake for his birthday, and half a box of sweet tarts that disappeared. Can you guess how our week went??? At least we got some work done in-between the arguing. We wrapped up our American Revolution study with reports on an American Hero. Did you know Ben Franklin once used electricity to kill his Thankgiving Turkey? Or that John Paul Jones attacked a convoy of 42 merchant ships and won? This week, the kids have chosen to macaroon (as in recipes for the cookies), Australian animals, and cannons. I can't wait for Friday sharing. After finishing up reading Half Magic by Edward Eager, we started the very heavy historical fiction book, My Brother Sam is Dead. Next week we start our new World Geography series. I think it's going to be fun.
Friday marked our 90th day of school. We are halfway there. I'm already torn about continuing next year. Jaelyn thinks she wants to go to middle school so she's ready for high school. I just don't know. I'm already thinking ahead to a different co-op and studies for next year. I guess I need to research transcript companies if we do decide to continue going on our own. Allie and Caden both like homeschooling and talk like they want to continue. We shall see.
No comments:
Post a Comment