Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Great Start To Summer

I'm hoping today is a good indicator of how our summer is going to go. It's been a good day. We started off with a mile or so bike ride after breakfast. I'm really enjoying getting out with the kids to get some exercise. After our ride, I unfortunately had to face the commissary. It was filled with kids and stressed looking moms. I had more than one smile at me and sarcastically wish me a "happy summer."

After lunch we grabbed a friend and loaded up Gracie for a trip to Happy Hollow. We were surprised to find the water was not frigid. It was actually very comfortable. The kids had fun playing in the sand and moving rocks around in the water. Gracie even seemed to enjoy exploring in the shallow water.

And now, Caden and I have popped our own popcorn and are settled down watching Gilligan's Island episodes.

The perfect summer day!

1 comment:

  1. Just bought a pack of Gilligans Island videos!

    As for the commissary...more than once, I've been asked "are they all yours" ...one day I'm gonna say "Nope, I collect children just to take a gaggle to the comm...it's how I work out!"

    ReplyDelete