Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring Break - Very Late

I'm getting there.  I've spent the last two weeks trying to catch up on major things I've let slide.  Today is "Blog Morning."  I have until lunch to catch up as much as I can :)


Spring Break!  Since we are planning a real vacation this summer instead of heading to Florida, I decided to take the kids to Pensacola for Spring Break.  I also really wanted to see my Grandpa.  He turned 92 in February and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia.  He's doing okay now thankfully.  Anywho...it was my first big road trip alone with the kids.  I'm not going to lie.  Saturday was a looonnnnggg day.  We left at 5 in the morning. The kids did really great in the car, but had really had it by the time we stopped for dinner in Hattiesburg.  They were bickering so much about picking a table at McAlister's, that I picked my own away from them.  It didn't work though, but they all decided to join me and continue picking on each other.

We had a great visit.  Sunday, we went to Upward and then invited a houseful to my parent's to celebrate my and Allie's birthdays.  I turned 40 this year (that definitely deserved not blogging about ughhh).  Everyone came and we had a great lunch followed by cake.

The rest of the week went by pretty quickly.  We spent time at Joan and Larry's house, my parents and I took the kids to Mobile to the USS Alabama (that was FUN), Joan took the kids kite flying, we played at the park with the Beattles, we visited with my Grandpa and Doris a couple of time, we got to shop - a lot!  The only favorite thing we didn't do was hit the beach.  It was cold and I didn't want to chance getting sand in Jae's cast.  Mid-week, my parents decided to drive back with us and spend a week at our house.  That was a nice surprise!

(ARGGHHH Mad at blogger again...they've changed everything and you can no longer embed a slide show.  ARGGHHH)

Follow the link to Spring Break pictures.

Here are a few of my favorite:















No comments:

Post a Comment