After months of planning, it finally got here! We left Ft Leonard Wood on Thursday headed for a top secret location. I can't believe I managed to keep it secret. Jaelyn actually saw the initials one day GWL, but by the next morning, she thought they were GLC. We had so much fun guessing where we were going: giant licking crocodiles, ginormous land creatures, Great Lakes caverns. Jaelyn was actually studying travel guides from the library for anything with GLC on our route.
Unfortunately about a mile from our exit, out of the blue, she screamed Great Wolf Lodge! Where did that come from? I didn't confirm or deny but my surprised silence was all she needed.
We had about 24 hours and spent just about every waking minute in the water. It was a little disappointing because this one was much smaller than the other one we've been to. We really missed the wave pool. I did sneak away for thirty minutes the first night after Dan stealthily scheduled me a massage. He gets a husband of the year award for that! While I was at the spa, I decided to schedule the girls their first ever spa treatments. They had little facials in the Scoops kid's spa. I earned a mom of the year award for that.
From Kansas City, we pit stopped in Sioux Falls, SD before driving to Wall, SD for the start of our Black Hills Adventure.
Sent from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment