I've been crocheting more. I made the cutest little hat for a baby girl and I've started a baby blanket for a baby boy that's due soon. I'm about 1/3 of the way through. It's so sweet and soft. I have plans for a couple of quilts for people as gifts and then I have a friend who's going to pay me to make her son a quilt. I won't make much, if any after materials and shipping, but it's a learning process for me. I know I'll need to go back to work in the next year or so. It would be great to find something I can do from home to make us a little bit of play money :).
Doing "Homeschool" with two kids last week definitely taught me that I should never think about homeschooling. Jaelyn actually did pretty well (as long as it wasn't reading - she hates to read). It was Caden that I butted heads with. He just wanted to play or watch movies. I had the worst time getting him to do his make-up work each day. It's maddening because he's so smart. He brought home two writing assignments recently. The first one is about penguins...
Penguins are incredible animals. First, penguins can't fly. Ther bones are not hollow. Ther wings are to stif and short. Penguins like to eat krill. Krill is a tipe of shrimp. Ther are 17 kinds of penguins. The biggest tipe of penguin is the Emporor penguin. Those are some incredible penguin facts.
He's been doing research projects at school. He told me he wrote this all from memory with no notes or books in front of him. I wish I could find his other assignment. I put it someplace safe with the intention of scanning it here. I've searched high and low, but can't find that safe place again. It was about when he will be 100 years old (celebrating 100 days of school). It was so cute.
You mean you don't want all of them all of the time?
ReplyDeleteNo, I've always thought you were a little nutty, but that's why I love you!
ReplyDelete