Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What Kind of Brownies???

I've been crazy in my kitchen lately. My friend, the queen, would be proud. I puréed black beans and added them to my brownies. You have to get passed the texture, which is a little odd, but after that they are actually good and are "almost" healthy. Yeah, they have sugar and chocolate (dark chocolate has good antioxidants, you know?), but they have hardly any fat because the beans replace the oil and egg. They also have 10 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber (with the recipe I used anyway). Jaelyn loves them and she needs every bit if fiber she can get. That makes it worth making them. Caden liked them until he found out they have beans in them.

This was my second batch. I used dried beans instead of canned and I think they have a much better flavor. Last week, I made iced zucchini brownies. The brownies where blah, but the icing, oh my!!!! Even though they had healthy zucchini, the fat and sugar made them a bad, bad choice, but oh the icing. I could have just eaten it all by itself and been a happy camper.

1 comment:

  1. Go girl! Try using banana as sweetener, and you can cut the sugar too.

    ReplyDelete