Pages

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sew Much Fun

I set up a sewing area in the spare room (the second half of Allie gigantic room).  Jaelyn got out a small table and set up her sewing machine next to mine.  We've been sewing together.  I'm working on a word quilt.  Jae decided to start her own sampler (have I posted this???)  Skip to the pictures if it's a repeat.  I helped with technique (tech-ni-kwA if Jae is pronouncing it) of how to make the letters and tried to get her thinking two steps ahead with size and seam allowances.
 
Piecing the letters
 
Adding the border
 
I did help with machine quilting and stitching on the binding,
but I think she could have handled it. 
We sewed small loops on the back so she could hang it on her wall.  I'm very proud of her finished project.  She did good!
 
 
I know I posted at least one picture of some of my words for my quilt...here's more
 



It's coming right along, but I really need to work on the heart...think "seam allowance"
 

I love the border for the heart.  It'll eventually be around the whole outside edge of the quilt.  I have one more heart and about 3 more words I want to make before I'll finalize the layout and start sewing it together.  I love it!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment