Yesterday, Allie and I picked Dan up from the airport. We've been waiting for him so we could celebrate Jaelyn's birthday.
First we blindfolded her, with her cooperation of course. Jared envisioned kidnapping and blindfolding her by force, crazy teenager. But he wasn't here; so we modified his plan a little.
We unblindfolded Jaelyn at Ruby Tuesdays where Grandmother and Granddaddy were waiting with Nana. Jaelyn loves Ruby Tuesdays. She always begs to go there and it's one of the only place where she'll actually eat and fill herself up.
After we filled our tummies with things like shrimp fondue, guacamole, salads, steaks, and ribs, it was time to open presents.
I saved the present from me, Dan and my parents for last. My mom did crazy things with presents when I was growing up. I truly learned from the best. Jaelyn wanted money for an Ipod touch instead of a party. I got $100 in one dollar bills from the bank. My mom threw in her $50. We stapled the bills end to end and rolled them up into a huge roll. We finished it off by stuffing the roll into a wrapped tissue box, leaving one dollar sticking up out of the hole.
Jaelyn started pulling...
and pulling...
and pulling...
and pulling...
Until finally she reached the end and had a huge pile of money on the table in front of her. It was truly awesome and she loved it as did the other patrons in the restaurant.
If the picutres aren't enough...here's a video. It was a definite memory making dinner!
You are such a fun mom! What a great surprise! :)
ReplyDeleteYou are mad! I LOVE it! And what I want to know is, who has to undo the 200 staples?!!
ReplyDeleteLol. Technically I think it was on ly 149 ;). It only took 4 of us about 10 minutes to unstaple all of them. She had fun handing over her stack of ones to buy her touch.
ReplyDeleteLove this!!! Wish we had $1 bills! The smallest we have are $5 and that could get EXPENSIVE
ReplyDeleteYall are all nuts>>>>
ReplyDeleteBrilliant! I will be scamming this idea : )
ReplyDeleteJB