We've been rained out of beach trips for a few days, so we got up early yesterday and headed to Pickens before any storms could dampen our plans. It was also our last day with my nephews. I hope they've had fun with us. We sure have had fun with them!
We got a show as we drove through Ft. Pickens and parked at Langdon Beach. The Blue Angels were practicing over NAS. They were a little far away, but it was still fun to watch them.
BTW, did you notice my hat? I said I was going to get one. Unfortunately, the only one in the store was black (hot in the sun). I bought it anyway and my mom was nice enough to trade me because she wears hers when it's cooler to walk in the mornings, not in the sun to the swimming pool. I did throw in a shirt to sweeten the deal. Score!
It was out of character for Jared, but he suggested that Caden bury him in the sound. That was fun.
But turn-about is fair play and Jared had a great laugh turning Caden into a Mer'maid' instead of a mer'man.'
The water was a little bit calmer this time. The boogie boards were pretty useless for anything except floating on.
Dan says we have at least two more beach trips to make! Yea!
No comments:
Post a Comment