Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Big Kid Cooks Scones

I'm not quite sure what prompted the baking flurry that went on this morning, but someone decided to try a new scone recipe and Jaelyn took charge.  She made Cinnamon-Sugar Scones out of the Taste of Home magazine.



Mix 3 cups biscuit baking mix and 1/4 cup sugar.  Whist together 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt, 1/3 cup 2% milk, and 1 tbsp vanilla extra; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Stir in 1 cup cinnamon chips or semisweet chocolate chips (we obviously went the chocolate route).  On lightly floured surface, knead dough gently 10 times.  Pat into 9-in. circle.  Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.  Cut into 8 wedges; place on ungreased baking sheet.  Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until golden.  Makes 8 scones. 


They topped them with an icing drizzle, but I have no idea what the recipe was so you'll have to come up with that on your own :).

Little Red Jaelinghood packed up her scones to deliver them to her family (down the hall and through the door to the living room I go).


Apparently pretzels were also made, but salt was dumped into the yeast while it was proofing...let's just say they didn't turn out right and leave it at that.

1 comment:

  1. How adorable is that? They look good...I will give them a try

    ReplyDelete