The guys got back in the middle of the night Monday night. Tuesday we planned a last hoorah day of state parks. Unfortunately, Dan took a few tumbles on a mountain and hurt his knee, ankle and toe. I was bummed that he chose to stay home. We got a late start and made it to Elephant Rocks State Park in time for a picnic before heading up to the rocks.
You'd think Rich, John and Ian would have no desire to climb anything, especially rocks, but they were gung-ho to climb to the top.
I loved the "elephant footprints" on top of the big rock.
Big and little monkeys
Jaelyn and Jackson are two peas in a pod
Those rocks are heavy to hold up
Caden, Jaelyn, Cassidy, Delaney, Brody, Allie and Jackson
Peek-a-boo
We spent a few hours climbing on huge rocks that were mined in the late 1800s. Miners carved their names and dates in the rocks. I found 1893 in one place.
After the rocks, we headed to the water someplace we've been wanting to visit, Johnson's Shut-ins State Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment