* I should clarify that I don't want it to be here :p.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Military Kids and Their Sacrifices
I started reading a new book with my book club in Jaelyn's class today. The main characters are twin 11 year old military brats and they've just made their fifth move. I asked the kids how many times they've moved. The average had moved 3-4 times. The most was 5. I then shared Jaelyn's moves: Russia, Georgia, Virginia, Germany, Florida, Maryland and now Missouri. Crazy. The girls are 8 and 9 and they've lived in 7 places. Caden is 7 and has lived in 4 places. I've always been happy with our nomadic lives but now that the kids are older and we are older, I've hit the point where I am ready to build roots and stay in one place a while.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Come back to MD! We'd love to have your roots here. :)
ReplyDeleteI understand about wanting roots. We have considered several places for our dream sheet, but we keep coming back to Florida as our top pick. (could be because we both spent the majority of our childhood in the Sunshine State)
ReplyDeleteWe are one move behind you right now...