Pages

Friday, January 27, 2012

TGIF

What a week!  What a month!  What a year!  Ha and it's only January.  Dan's in a class this week.  He leaves early and gets home later, not really late, but every minute counts when someone is screaming at me, right?  I feel worn down this week.  I'm sure the gray skies, rain and low temperatures haven't helped.  I'm not going to share details, but we've found help for us in the form of a psychologist here and a psychiatrist in Springfield.  It's not going to be an easy road, but we are taking the real first steps.  We've taken these steps before, but this time, I feel like I have people actually hearing what I'm saying.

We are also full swing into hillbilly karate or hardcore martial arts depending on which teacher is there.  It's a different person every night (which was 3 this week).  Caden is so serious and loving it.  Allie is semi-serious.  She's learning, but she's having fun too.  Jaelyn is all about the big smile and the fun.  I think Caden will have his black belt before she makes it to yellow.  Oh well, it's an activity and Dan takes them which gives me an hour to clean the kitchen and prep for bedtime craziness. 

I've also shuffled my volunteer hours at school because a teacher changed her schedule so I'm at school 3 days instead of 2 and some how I went from 6 hours to 8.  I'm a sucker when a teacher excitedly says "so you can stay till 1:30 now?"  I do love the teachers and I enjoy helping most days.  I had problems with two third graders yesterday that reminded me of why I never want to teach again.  I was able to go to the teacher and say "they won't cooperate" and she got to deal with them.  It was awesome.

Yesterday was filled between being at school and shopping and making 100 days of school projects.  I think they turned out very well.  That'll become it's own post later maybe.  100 days down, 80 to go and they can't go fast enough as far as the kids are concerned.

Currently, I'm listening to a little puppy barking because she wants out of her crate.  She was spayed yesterday and is on strict no running, no jumping, no excitement orders till tonight.  The anesthesia is out of her system this morning and all she wants to do is jump and play.

My big project of the day is to do some major furniture rearranging.  The plan moving here was to put the girls in their own rooms.  That hit a snag when we saw the size of one huge bedroom.  There's been more fighting and fussing lately and I overheard Allie telling her teacher she wished she had her own room (benefit of volunteering - easedropping on your children)...so she's getting it.  Her room is going to be our guest room, which is really tiny, but with some creativity, I think I can make it work.  Jaelyn is still going to have to share her room, but only with the guest room furniture so she'll have a room to herself 99% of the year.

Tomorrow is Caden's birthday party, finally.  One year, I'm going to plan it before the holidays so it'll happen ON his birthday.  Out of 25 kids, 10 RSVPed.  We might have a lot of pizza, cake and goodie bags left over, but it'll be fun no matter how many kids come.  We are renting the indoor pool for a splashing good time.
That's what's going on at my three ring circus.  Stay tuned for Caden's birthday party, hi first love letter (received, not sent) and our 100 day of school projects.  I'm getting there....slowly but surely.

1 comment:

  1. Busy Much? :-)

    That is so awesom that your kids are in martial arts. If we ever get our crew together again, they can have a fun fest of sorts! I may play too!

    ReplyDelete