So apparently, it does snow in Missouri. Four days ago, I contemplated wearing flip flops. Then two days ago, the kids were playing outside in t-shirts and light jackets. That night, a front blew through and brought an inch of snow. Awesome, but it wasn't enough. I'm not a huge fan of snow, but if we have to have snow, I want 6-8 inches so that schools are closed and the kids can really play. As it was, we had enough snow to try out our new sleds, but the snow quickly blew away so the kids were landing in leaves. They had a blast sledding down the hill. I even gave it a whirl, but bumps are hard on 38 year old butts that are sitting on what basically amounts to a trash can lid!
Jaelyn refuses to wear anything warm or heavy. She really needs to live in South Florida where she can be in shorts and flip flops all the time. After a few slides, she went inside and dug her snow pants out because she was FREEZING. She put 2 pairs of socks over her gloves. Hilarious and very resourceful. Still no hat or scarf, but it was progress and kept her warm.
The wind is what I hate. I can handle up (or down) to about -25 without to much fuss as long as it doesn't get windy. The wind makes me miserable.
ReplyDelete