Unpacking used to be quick and easy. With 3 kids, we have more stuff which translates into more work for me. I received an email with our weight today. We moved almost 13,000 lbs. that's a lot of furniture to assemble and boxes to open.
In the middle of unpacking (our second day here I think), I decided to get started on painting over the pink in our living room, kitchen, and dining room...as if unpacking wasn't enough work. I've worked on it slowly over several days. The living room is finished so I hung our cheap-o blinds. I'm in the middle of the kitchen now. It'll probably take 3-4 more days to finish in the middle of unpacking and settling in. The kids' room are finished, but that's it.
Here are a few pictures from my phone. The first is our ginormous basement. Daisy will go where the boxes are piled. Then there's room for a couch and tv and at the very back, where the good light is, is our classroom. I ordered all of or curriculum today!!!! But that's a story for another post.
The second picture is the living room. That pink is hideous. The cream is sort of boring, but I like clean and boring. I'll spruce it up with colorful accessories.
The third picture is an idea from Pinterest. Why has no one ever shared this idea? It's genius, especially for Phase 10 where you have 10 cards in your hand.
And the last picture is at a little county park where I took the kids today to walk in the woods in hunt of a creek a neighbor told me about. We never did find the creek but at least we got out of the house.
Speaking of neighbors...this is the friendliest neighborhood we've ever lived in. Everyone stops to wave and chat as they are out working or walking. I've had lengthy conversations with at least 6 neighbors.
Unpacking....ugh!
ReplyDelete