Pages

Friday, July 11, 2014

So Far, So Good

So far, this has been a really good move...I'm talking actual packed boxes and delivery from point A to point B, not the Army's inability to get its butt in gear and get us orders in a timely manner. Anyway, we had 3 people come on Tuesday and pack our entire house in 7 hrs. They were crazy fast and after opening all of the kitchen boxes and many of the rest, they were really good too. Wednesday, we had a guy come do the furniture inventory. Thursday, we had 7 guys show up to load. Again, these guys worked their tails off. No smoke breaks, and just minimal lunch breaks. PCSing into and out of Missouri was the only other place we experienced great movers who didn't take a break every hour to smoke. Anyway, they were done loading and were gone before 4. I was able to clean as they emptied rooms. It'll only take me a few hours tomorrow to finish. After loading, we drove to our new house to spend the night. I love our new house. It's much bigger than we need, but I love it. We'll have to put some work into the yard and hang some blinds, but I think we are really going to enjoy it here. There's lots of room for company...hint hint hint. 5 of the guys from yesterday came back today. They are all from Romania. They get 5 month work visas and come work here during the summer months. More Americas should have the same work ethic. Anyway, they went above and beyond and were more than willing to help with anything we asked.

The kitchen is unpacked, but the counter tops are full of stuff to be put away (we have too much stuff!!!). The kids worked hard on their bedrooms this evening. They've all been very opinionated this time about where they want their furniture. Jaelyn even asked if it is okay if she unpacks her room by herself.

1 comment:

  1. By the time I wound down and remembered to check on you again, it would have been 1am your time;) I didn't think you'd appreciate a call then ;)

    ReplyDelete