Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Randomness

We have had crazy weather.  Rain, cold, even snow flurries.  In the middle of the all the rain, I commented that we should start building our ark.  Caden, with all seriousness, said "Mommy, we don't have to build an ark.  After God flooded the Earth, he put a rainbow in the sky as a symbol that he'll never do it again."  Guess who's been reading a Bible story book at bedtime?

Jaelyn amazed me last week.  I bought a pile of books at the book fair and she latched onto one:  Dog Diaries.  She had her nose stuck in it for days.  She was reading at breakfast, in the afternoons, even during Allie and Caden's choir concert. This is a girl who does not like to read and can throw quite the fit over reading at night.  I'm heading to the library today to see if they have the other 2 in the series or any other books by the author.

In healthy news, my pants are too big...like falling off, baggy big.  I love it.  I can button a couple of pairs of short that were way too tight last summer.  I hit my pre-pregnancy weight a couple of week ago.  I never got down to it after having Caden.  I still have a few inches to go, but I'm happy.  Dan has also lost several inches.  We are going to continue on our quest to stay healthy.  The biggest thing I miss is cheese.  I needed sharp cheddar for a recipe the other day and OHHHHH did a slice ever taste good.  I told Dan it tasted better than a coke (the other thing I miss and don't tell me diet because those are nasty.)

There's probably lots more randomness, but that's all I can think of for now.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I agree that diet soda is nasty...and I miss coke too. Awesome job on the diet.

    ReplyDelete