I'm not going to stress, I'm not going to stress, I'm not going to stress.
But seriously, how can I not???? We are about to make a huge move (again). I'm starting to look at areas and schools and housing sites. There are so many things to consider: Commute, schools, cost of housing. I know God's got it all worked out and I'm going to do my best to not worry. I would love prayers.
Kelly, I read your blog because I used to frequent Hannah's Prayer during the time you were adopting your girls, and I enjoy keeping up with what's happening in your family. I'm not much of a commenter, but I wanted to mention that I am living in the DC area now, having moved a few years ago from Colorado.
ReplyDeleteI knew nothing about the area when we moved here, but we ended up in Burke (SW Fairfax County), and I am pretty happy with the schools and the neighborhood. It is family-oriented and there are many kids' activities, sports, etc... We go to a church nearby that has a very high percentage of military families and a children's program that my 8 year old son looks forward to attending. Also, my husband works at the Naval Research Lab (right next door to Bolling) and his commute is very reasonable for the area since he mostly drives against traffic patterns.
I am still not in love with the DC Metro area, but Fairfax County is a pretty good place to live. The main downside is the high cost of living, but for us the decent commute makes up for the smaller home.
I'm not sure why I felt compelled to comment. I guess I just wish someone had shared some of their experience when we were moving. Good luck with your research and I'll pray that you end up in the right situation for your family.
Nancye
Hi Nancy,
ReplyDeleteThank you sooo much for commenting. It's exactly what I needed to read yesterday. Would you mind me picking your brain in a more private email setting? You can email me at dankel96@yahoo.com or if you don't mind posting your email, I'll email you my questions.
Burke, Springfield and West Springfield are the areas that I feel most drawn to. I would love to learn more about the area and commute and have questions about some areas further out in that general direction. Thanks!