Pages

Friday, May 10, 2013

4th and 5th Grade Track Meet

Today has been a fun day.  I started with Muffins with Mom in Caden's classroom.  He made me a "If you give a mom a muffin" book and gave me a corsage made out of a coffee filter.  Sweet.  After that, I raced to the middle school track to watch the girls' track meet.
 
Jaelyn started out running the 800 meter.  I think this picture is kind of funny.  Jaelyn is in orange and black in the center of the picture.  Most of the other girls are a head taller than her.



Long Jump
 


I don't think she placed in anything, but she had fun and tried her best which is all we can ask for.
 
Allie ran the 400 meter, and did the high jump and long jump.  She tried 3 times to get over the high jump, but her legs caught the bar every time.
 



 
On a side note, I am proud to live in a military community.  A local soldier that died in Afghanistan was brought home today.  There was a procession from the airport on base.  I was at the track meet so I didn't actually see it, but I heard stories about people standing on the side of the road waiting to show their respect and honor the soldier.  Flags off post where flying at half mast and I saw several signs in windows on Main street recognizing the Specialist as a hero.  It makes me proud that some many people would put a hold on their lives to pay their respects.  I know there are parts of this country where that would not happen.

1 comment:

  1. Those processions are so sad.

    Look a J go!

    ReplyDelete