Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Alone With No Person
Dan left yesterday morning for his first TDY from Ft. Leonard Wood. With him here, I don't worry about the what-ifs of emergencies, but with him gone...there's no one here. I've met people that I would consider acquantances, but no one that I can call a friend yet. It's a little unsettling to not have a go to person that I can call at midnight when Allie is coughing up blood requiring a trip to the ER in an ambulance. So, yeah, that's not going to happen again, but you know what I mean. Would you say a little prayer for us as we survive our week without Dan? Pray for "a person" for us for his next TDY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kelly. I can completely relate. We have NO ONE here in RI that can watch our kiddos if god forbid something happened. We are lucky enough that our neighbor (whom we adore) has watched our kiddos a few times in a huge pinch. But she can only do an hour or two at the most and she is not always available. So I can understand living somewhere and not knowing anyone. Our biggest concern about moving (if we move) is what will we do if something happens and we need a last minute helper. Our new neighbors wouldn't be helpful at all. I pray you find someone you love, adore and trust who can help you if something was ever to happen and you needed to call someone in a pinch.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Yes Ma'am....got ya. In a similar boat.
ReplyDeletePraying that everything goes nice and smoothly and you have no trips to the ER at least till Dan gets back!
ReplyDelete