Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Room Divided

Do your kids like each other?  Mine don't really.  They play okay some of the time, but the rest, they fight.  It's no fun.  The girls have always shared a room.  Jaelyn does not like sharing with Allie, but she also doesn't want to be alone at night.  I can't tell you how many times I've threatened to play musical rooms, but I haven't followed through because three rooms of furniture is a lot to move by myself and Jaelyn would just whine and cry at night.  I've been looking for a divider to break their room into two seperate spaces so they could be together but apart.  If we had an Ikea close, I know exactly what I'd buy (if only my crystal ball had been working before we moved).  Anyway, I finally struck gold yesterday.  I drove to Rolla (30 miles) to a bookstore.  Lost in the Woods Missouri doesn't have one and our library is closed for the next month for new carpet.  While I was there, I did a little wandering.  I discovered the JC Penneys that I thought was a home store is actually a clothing store.  Yea.  I also stopped by Big Lots and I was thrilled when I saw this pink 3 panel room divider clearanced!  Score!

The view from Allie's bed

The view from Jaelyn's bed

I secured it to the wall, but I'm also going to make little feet to give it more stability.  This morning I called a Big Lots in Springfield and found another one clearanced.  They are holding it for me till Friday.  When I hinge the two together, we should have the perfect divided space!  The kids are out of school so we are taking a road trip whether they like it or not.  I'm sure the promise of Chick-Fil-A and Toys R Us will help win them over to the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment