Last night, I thought Jaelyn was close to asking Jesus into her heart. We've talked a lot about it lately...what it means to be a Christian, what you have to do to become a Christian. With Daddy Doe's passing this week, we had a whole new round of questions about salvation, death and Heaven and how it all works together. Our Bible story last night was Jesus' baptism. We talked about the salvation prayer being private and personal and baptism being the public statement of the personal decision. She and I spent about 10 more minutes talking about it after the other two kids went to bed. I asked her if she was ready to pray and ask Jesus into her heart. She said "Not yet. It's a big thing and I need to think about it some more."
We hadn't spoken at all about it today. While she was in the bathtub tonight, she asked me what the prayer was that she had to pray. I talked with her about it and asked her if she was ready to pray. She wanted to so I asked if she wanted to do it then or later when she was out of the bathtub. She picked right then. She asked Jesus into her heart right then and there, naked as a Jae-bird sitting in the bathtub. I keep telling her she can talk to God no matter where she is :).
Angels are singing in Heaven for her tonight and as Joan said, I'm sure that Daddy Doe is tickled pink to know his passing had an eternal effect on his Great-Granddaughter.
That is wonderful...so precious! Reminds me of a BSU retreat. ; )
ReplyDeleteKelly: This gives me chills reading it. What wonderful news. Can't wait for the day that my girls experience this too!
ReplyDeleteThat is wonderful news! Praise God!
ReplyDeletetears...lots of tears! Oh, what a blessing.
ReplyDelete