In the last month, Jaelyn has started reading for enjoyment and I love it. We've spent a few days curled up on the couch with each of our noses stuck in a book. It's been great. So far, she's reading Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House Books. Allie isn't quite to the chapter book stage, but she has always loved looking at books. She can read most of our easier books on her own and will read several before turning out her light and going to bed. I rocked Caden at bedtime the other night and let both of the girls leave their lights on to read. They were quiet the entire time...totally absorbed in their books. It makes my heart happy.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
For the Love of Reading
I've loved to read for as long as I can remember. My parents had an oak tree in their back yard when I was growing up (well, they still do, but no one climbs it anymore). My dad or someone nailed boards to the trunk to use as a ladder so we could climb it. I used to take books up in the tree to read. I had the perfect spot on a forked branch that I could lay back on and get carried away through the pages of my books.
In the last month, Jaelyn has started reading for enjoyment and I love it. We've spent a few days curled up on the couch with each of our noses stuck in a book. It's been great. So far, she's reading Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House Books. Allie isn't quite to the chapter book stage, but she has always loved looking at books. She can read most of our easier books on her own and will read several before turning out her light and going to bed. I rocked Caden at bedtime the other night and let both of the girls leave their lights on to read. They were quiet the entire time...totally absorbed in their books. It makes my heart happy.
Caden loves to be read to as well. He picks out a couple of books for me to read to him at night, but his favorite book right now is our kids Message Bible. I get in big trouble if I forget his Bible story. We are reading about Joseph right now.
In the last month, Jaelyn has started reading for enjoyment and I love it. We've spent a few days curled up on the couch with each of our noses stuck in a book. It's been great. So far, she's reading Junie B. Jones and Magic Tree House Books. Allie isn't quite to the chapter book stage, but she has always loved looking at books. She can read most of our easier books on her own and will read several before turning out her light and going to bed. I rocked Caden at bedtime the other night and let both of the girls leave their lights on to read. They were quiet the entire time...totally absorbed in their books. It makes my heart happy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
that's a super sweet picture. I get warm and cozy just looking at it!
ReplyDeleteI love that picture! So warm and sweet!
ReplyDelete