Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day. It snuck right up on me. I actually called our moms and told them I was moving it 2 weeks :p. My kids did know it was Mother's Day so while I knew I wouldn't be lavished with presents and have breakfast delivered to bed, I was hoping for a little peace, maybe some cooperation. I didn't think it was asking for much. The kids woke me at 6 and were downstairs playing by 6:30. I begged them to play quietly so I could lay in bed until 7. I was up by 6:40 because I couldn't take the screaming anymore. The day, thankfully didn't continue that way. We did have a nice day. We played outside, painted, played a few games of uno. Dan even managed a phone call to wish me a happy Mother's Day.

Today, I decided to treat myself. After Caden's T-ball (where he did awesome, btw), I got him a happy meal and headed to PF Changs. I got a look, but no one said anything as Caden ate his happy meal while I had their spicy chicken with rice. It was so good and I have enough left over for dinner. Caden and I shared a tiramisu parfait cup for dessert that was wonderful. So I got lunch served to me...by a waiter...with someone else to do the dishes...in relative peace...without saying "sit down," "eat your dinner," "don't hit your sister" or "stop playing with the table cloth." It was a pretty good Mother's Day lunch one day late!

1 comment:

  1. 000 i love pf changs! thats a great idea to bring the kids their own food..:)

    yum! glad you had a nice lunch!

    ReplyDelete