Pages

Sunday, May 24, 2009

And Since I'm Catching Up

Since I'm catching up on everything, I should write about yesterday! It was a horrible morning. Friday night was Jaelyn's big tantrum and the girls didn't get to sleep until 9. Caden woke everyone up at 5:45 Saturday morning. That's less than 9 hours of sleep - they need 11 to be functioning normally. By 9, Jaelyn and Caden were both in time-out for hitting each other. Then mild mannered Caden stuck his tongue out at me. I don't do rude well, especially when I'm tired. He earned himself a drop of vinegar on his tongue. By 11, Caden and Jaelyn had destroyed the playroom, literally, while I was IMing with Dan. They kept coming up and telling me it was a mess while laughing. I kept telling them to pick it up or I would. Oh my goodness. I don't know what got into them (other than the previously mentioned junk Jaelyn filled up on during week and the lack of sleep), but they were wild. Every toy, book, dress, pillow, cushion, toy bucket, bench, fan, stuffed animal and game were thrown, scattered or knocked over. The crazy thing is they weren't really loud or really quiet where I would have wondered what they were doing. When I went down, they were jumping on the bare couch laughing in the middle of the chaos. I think it's the first time I've ever literally seen red. I can empathize with bulls now. Allie was not involved and was good all day long so she kept her toys, but everything else in the room is now locked in the blue room. Jaelyn and Caden only have whatever toys happened to be in their rooms. They each spent about 2 hours in their rooms until lunch. Caden did get to come down twice to sit on the step and get 2 more drops of vinegar on his tongue for calling Jaelyn names (those lovely private and potty words - one of the disadvantages of teaching your kids correct names for their anatomy). Things settled after lunch and a long movie they'd never seen. I hope we don't have another day like that in a long time. I don't think I could take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment