Once again I feel the need to apologize for neglecting my blog. I haven't even opened it to get to my friends' blogs. Bad Kelly. I've just felt blah. Warm weather has finally returned along with sun and blue skies. My mood has improved drastically. I could never live anywhere where it was cold or rainy or dark for long periods of time.
So the last few weeks in a nutshell...
Jaelyn finally settled back into our routine after Dan's visit. She made it 3 weeks without a major explosion. She had one minor one that she got control of almost immediately. In time-out, she asked for paper and was able to write what she did and what she was feeling when she did it (I was angry when you wouldn't help me, I was sad when I hit you, etc). Real progress. She did have an ugly explosion Friday night that lasted a REALLY long time, but she'd had 2 birthdays at school I didn't know about and I'd given her a cupcake left over from
Caden's end of the year picnic. I think the extra sugar, food coloring and artificial flavoring finally caught up with her.

Allie-Cat is doing so well. She loves the warmer weather now that she can wear her skirts, dresses and sandals (finally made that trip to Lancaster and the shoe store). I can't believe the school year is almost over for them and she'll be a big 1st grader. We got off to a rocky start, but she has really excelled at school. Miss B has been awesome for her!!!
Caden finished his first year of school last week. I can't believe how big he's gotten. This year started with him crying to go in the room and Heather having to physically pull him off me. This year ended with a happy, confidant
Caden who would go into his class without a backwards glance. We had a picnic at a park with a playground, a lake, and geese for feeding. It was a lot of fun.

The park also had a huge open field and
Caden and I had a blast kicking a soccer ball around. He's taking a sports mix class at the YMCA. So far, he's done 2 weeks of soccer and 2 weeks of T-ball.
Caden is going to be a ball player for sure. I took him up to the ball field near our house the other day and he must have run around the bases 10 times with me chasing him with a ball. Totally wore me out.

One of the moms in the class is a quilter. 4 of us got together to make quilts for both of the teachers. They are beautiful! I pieced the top of this one together. We made both teachers cry :p. Heather's mom taught at the preschool before her and she said her mom had a quilt like that and she'd always wanted one. We will truly miss having her as a teacher next year. The co-teacher, Patty, co-teaches with the 3 and 4 year
olds so we'll see her bunches next year.

Now that's it's finally warmer, my flowers are growing. Working in the yard makes me heart happy. It's the truth. There's just something about starting with a tiny plant, nurturing it, and watching it grow, thrive and be beautiful. How can anybody look around them at the beauty in nature and not believe in God? Speaking of God, we are back to attending our mega-church and
Caden's doing great. I "rewarded" him the first few weeks with things like
bakugans and matchbox cars. Today was the first non-reward day. He looked a little sad when I dropped him off, but he didn't cry. He was playing happily when I picked him up. I told you...he's becoming so confidant! My little man is growing up!
And since I think they are so pretty...pictures of my flowers:
My Tangerine Vine

My iris in my backyard that look totally different from the ones in front even though they came from the same bunch from my friend's yard.

Our green beans - Allie is going to be beyond thrilled this summer while she "snacks" in the backyard. We have about 12 green bean plants, 1 cherry tomato and 3
roma tomatoes, 3 zucchini and 3 yellow squash, 1 watermelon and 1
cantaloupe.

One of my flower beds with our peach tree at the back. I pulled all the peaches off the lower branches because I want the plant's energy going to making it taller and fuller for shade, but the upper branches I can't reach are covered. If they do well, I bet we'll get plenty of peaches to share with anyone who'll take them.
No comments:
Post a Comment