Today was a pretty good day. The day started at our usual 6 (I'm sooo ready for the kids to be older and start sleeping in just a little...well, I don't really want them to be older, I just want them to sleep in). Anyway, the kids played and water colored until it was time for Caden's class. He started basketball today. It was so funny watching 3 and 4 year olds trying to dribble. They'd bounce the ball once and then chase after it and then repeat the whole process 6 or 7 times down the court. Caden scored a couple of baskets in the "game" they played at the end. I'm glad he's being exposed to different games, but Caden is going to be a shorty. I don't think basketball will be prominent in his future. While Caden played, I occupied the girls with games of uno. It's my new take anywhere waiting game. Lucky Allie won twice, I won once, and sad Jaelyn didn't win at all.
After class, we went with Kelley and Company to Freddies. It's a truly awesome place. They have an outside courtyard to eat at and just off the courtyard is a huge pirate ship complete with a slide, a fireman's pole, and trapeze swings. Even better than all of that...it has waitresses and grown up food!!! Anyone who isn't still in the "little kid" mode probably wouldn't appreciate a play area and "real" food, but we sure do! Kelley and I smuggled McDonald's chicken nuggets and cheeseburgers in the kids (I am not paying $5 for a corn dog). Aren't we bad??? We did order a platter of fries for the kids so it's not like we brought in all their food. I had the biggest philly cheese steak I've ever seen. It was WONDERFUL and I got to eat it in peace with grown up conversation for the most part.
To top lunch, I let the kids change into bathing suits and I set up our new slip 'n slide in the back yard. If you've seen our yard, you know it's smaller than a postage stamp. I pulled the swings up and the kids had to slide under their swing set. They had a great time. Did I mention how thankful I am to finally have warm weather?!?!??!
I haven't updated on Dan is a while....he's doing good. It's gotten hot over there so they are getting up early to get work done. He sounds busy, but is as anxious as we are to have our last 3 months over with. The internet connection is so much better than it was, but still hit or miss. We've managed to webcam a couple times in the last few weeks. Getting to see each other doesn't make it all better, but it does help!
Sounds like you had a nice day. I am go glad!
ReplyDeleteYipppiiee for good days and grown up food!
ReplyDeleteI found a coupon today for P.F. Changs, and thought of you!
Did you get your coupon Kelly?
ReplyDelete