I've gone on two field trips this week. The first was a field trip for Caden to Amazing Glaze. That one was fun for me. All the moms dropped the kids off with the teachers and then headed to Panera for breakfast. I felt so sorry for Miss Heather and Miss Patty. We left them with 15 three year olds and 2 workers from the pottery place. The kids painted us plates for Christmas presents. I'm not supposed to know, but Caden said he painted with green and put his hand on the plate. I can't wait to see it. I don't get much girly chatting time so that was fun for me to just sit and sip my hot chocolate while we visited about holiday plans.
Yesterday, I went with Allie's class to Broom's Bloom Dairy. We've driven past it a few times, but never stopped. We have been missing out! The tour of the dairy itself was so interesting. They have a booth with a robotic arm that milks the cows. They've got the cows trained and they go into the booth by themselves to get milked. It was really cool. The highlight though had to be the ice cream. We got a tour of the kitchen and learned how they make their ice cream and then we got to sample it. It was THE BEST chocolate ice cream I've ever had. I'm taking my parents back to the little restaurant for lunch and ice cream when they come. I loved getting to spend time with Allie with her friends and she was really proud that I was there. Miss Burriss is working so hard with her. Allie's been a little emotional at school, but Miss B has been caring and understanding (probably more so than me). A funny...Allie showed me a flat, rubber circle that she sits on. She calls it her "dot" and it's her reminder to stay on her bottom. She keeps it on her chairs and takes it to the carpet with her. Like I said, Miss B has been truly wonderful working with Allie. I'm very thankful she's Allie's teacher.
The dairy looked like fun. Such a cute picture of Allie. I'm glad you had fun. joan
ReplyDelete