According to Dan, rain and Iraqi sand make bad mud. This is the Captain who's about to leave, I think.
Friday, December 26, 2008
Pictures From Iraq
I keep asking Dan to send me an email describing life for him these days. He has not complied, silly boy. I think I might have to fill you in on the things that have stayed in my tiny brain. And, sad as it may be, I can't remember if I've shared yet so I could very possibly be repeating myself. Dan's at Besmaya Range Complex. It's an Iraqi base with a small compound for the handful of US troops inside. Dan's orders said instructor, but he's more of a liaison person for the school. It sounds like he's doing ok and is settling in. From this picture, I'd say he's making himself right at home! His room...

According to Dan, rain and Iraqi sand make bad mud. This is the Captain who's about to leave, I think.
Dan with some of the men he'll be working with.
According to Dan, rain and Iraqi sand make bad mud. This is the Captain who's about to leave, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Dorky? Come on!!! That's Captain EOD protector of the people!
ReplyDeleteAtleast I'm not holding my hands out and acting like I'm holding the swords.
OK...whatever! But dorky isn't a bad thing. It's one of the things I love about you!!!!
ReplyDelete