Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

12/23/2008 - I Escaped and It Was Unbelievably Wonderful

Yesterday was a glorious day. I dropped the kids off at Joan's at 9 and Jennifer and I were heading to Destin by 9:30. It's been kind of gray around here, but we actually saw patches of blue sky and sunshine over the beautiful white beaches. My grandma says it never rains at the beach. She's wrong because I've been rained on at the beach before, but the rain stayed away for us. Jen and I are creatures of habit and had lunch at McAllister's deli. We made it to the spa about noon, an hour before our appointment.


We decided to begin in the steam room which amazingly, we've never ventured into before. I liked it, especially once we figured out that we should put the cool cucumbers on our eyes. It took a few more minutes to figure out we should be lying down to keep the cucumbers in place instead of sitting up. I'm glad we were alone because we were laughing so hard at one point we almost rolled off the benches! The only thing I didn't like about the steam room was when the steam jets came on. It was scary....a loud pop followed by a whoosh of steam. And then it all stopped just as quickly as it started.

We scheduled something new for the day, a Coconut Créme Body Glow (Cleanse, polish and protect your skin. Pineapple extracts gently buff away dull skin cells and unclog pores while the hydrating body lotion rapidly hydrates your skin with fresh coconut milk.) It was unbelievably wonderful! I left thinking having a facial afterwards would have been perfect. Funny, Jen thought the same thing. We tried but there were no facial appointments available for the afternoon. We settled for our already scheduled 50 minute massages...Heaven! It was like relaxation bliss. I'll be able to close my eyes and go back to that feeling for months - I hope. It's working for today anyway!

We fooled around a bit longer spending time in the dry sauna and playing with the cucumbers a little more.

We did a little shopping at the outlets. I haven't shopped like that (SANS KIDS) in ages. I tried on and bought shoes, jeans, a nightgown and a shirt. Best of all, it was ALL on sale. We finished up our day with dinner at Carrabas...yummy!

Thank you Joan and my parents for watching my clowns and to Jen's parents and her husband for watching their children so we could escape for the day! I needed a girly day with a good friend who I can laugh and have fun with.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, It was my pleasure to care for the clowns. I'm glad you had a GREAT DAY. The kids were so much fun. Caleb did a good job helping. I'm glad God gave you a good friend to laugh and have fun with. You deserve a day off. Joan

    ReplyDelete