Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

12/21/08 - Our First Day of Visiting

We tried to visit all of the relatives' houses yesterday so they could see us (and we could see them ;-) ).

We started after lunch with Nana and Daddy Doe, Danny's grandparents. It's always wonderful to see them. Nana dotes on the kids, especially the baby of the family, Caden. 90 year old Daddy Doe was napping when we got there, but he got up to visit. He doesn't see very well, but he sure did enjoy listening to the kids play around him. They like to hide behind his chair and jumping out screaming "Boo."
After that visit, we headed next door to Dan's parents house. My nephew, Caleb, was there waiting to see his cousins! They had a good time playing and making crafts (Grandmother loves her crafts!).I would have to say that the highlight of the afternoon was a riveting game of Hungry, Hungry Hippo. Oh My! It's one of those games I've always thought would be fun to play, but didn't want to own because of the marbles. Now I know the reason I don't want to own it is the noise level that comes from playing such a crazy game.

For dinner, the plan was to take Grandma Molly out (my Grandma), but she was feeling a little light headed. We took dinner and visited at her house. She has about 5 Hallmark singing snowmen and the kids always enjoying playing them all at the same time. Oy! I must say though that the kids were really good and played charades nicely and kind of quietly. It was nice to see my Grandma and she seemed to feel better when we left.

Today's only plans involve getting our filthy car washed and going to a movie.

1 comment:

  1. Kelly---Glad that you are enjoying yourself. What are you going to see today?

    ReplyDelete